This is a typical dish of the Autonomous Community of Castilla y Leon; however it is a quite popular in the family cuisines of Madrid as well. It can be served as an appetizer or a garniture with meat.
– 4 potatoes
– 2 eggs
– 50 gr of flour (glutenfree)
– 40 gr bread
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 onion
– 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
– 1 tablespoon paprika
– 150 ml of white wine (optional)
– 300 ml chicken broth
– 300 ml Olive oil
– Fry garlic and bread
– Place parsley bouquet with a little salt, fried garlic, fried bread and saffron in a mortar.
– Crush to form a paste, add some oil if necessary.
– Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into slices about 1 cm thick.
– Wash the slices of potatoes to remove the starch until the water is transparent and dry them with paper towel.
– Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt.
– Pass the slices through flour and then egg.
– Fry in olive oil until their color become golden, reserve them on paper towel.
– Poach the finely chopped onion with some olive oil, add a bit of water if necessary.
– Add the tomato sauce, the paprika and the wine and let the alcohol of wine evaporate
– Add the paste and cook them together for another 2 minutes
– Add the potatoes and cover with the chicken broth, simmer for 20 minutes.
-Decorate with finely chopped parsley.