Ingredients (For 2-3 pax)
– 500 gr zucchinis (2-3 units)
– 250 gr minced meat (beef or beef and lamb mixture)
– 1 onion
– 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
– 2 coffee spoon tomato paste
– 6 table spoon olive oil
– 1/2 coffee spoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 coffee spoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 coffee spoon cummin
– 1/2 coffee spoon sumac
– 1 coffee spoon salt
– 1 coffee spoon dried mint
– 10-15 cherry tomatoes
– 1 cup hot water
– Yogurt with garlic and fresh mint to garnish
-Wash and dry the zucchinis. Cut them into 3 pieces and mark them with a fork as it is shown in the photos. Carve the zucchinis.
– Heat 4 table spoon olive oil in a pan, fry the zucchinis. (do not fry them for a long time, they should not be tender. Their texture shıld be al dente)
– Sauté the finely chopped onion with 2 table spoon olive oil in another pan or saucepan. Add minced meat and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
– Add the spices (black pepper, cumin, sumcac, red pepper flakes), salt and 1 coffee spoon tomato paste) and cook it for 10 minutes.
– Add chickpeas and finely chopped parsley and take the saucepan away from the heat.
– Stuff the zucchinis with the filling; place them on the baking tray.
– Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes, place them in the middle of the stuffed zucchinis in the baking tray.
– Dissolve 1 coffee spoon tomato paste in 1 cup hot water, add dried mint; pour it on the stuffed zucchinis.
– Bake it in the preheated oven (180 Celsisus degrees for the oven with fan, 200 Celsius degrees for the oven without fan) for 30-40 minutes.
-Serve it by garnishing with yogurt and fesh mint.