I served the fried rice with Sesame Chicken.You can access my recipe of the Sesame Chicken at my Instagram account below:
– 1 cup rice
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 purple onion
– 1 carrot
– ½ broccoli
– ½ cup frozen peas
– 100 gr mushroom (Shitake )
– 1 celery stick
– Juice of ½ lemon
– A small bunch of chives
– 4 table spoon olive oil
– 3 table spoon soy sauce ( mine was gluten-free soy sauce)
– ½ coffee spoon ground black pepper
Note: We do not add any salt neither to the rice nor to the veggies as the soy sauce is salty enough.
– Soak the rice in cold water for half an hour. Then, rinse and drain it.
– Put the rice in a sauce pan, add 1 cup water at room temperature, tap the sauce pan. Heat it until boils, then lower the heat and cook it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the heat off and let it rest for minimum 15 minutes. (Never open the tap from the beginning until the end)
– Wash the broccoli, then cut its florets into smaller pieces. Boil water in a pot, add broccoli florets and cook them for 3 minutes. Take the broccoli florets out from the pot and soak them into water with ice (This step is for protecting the green color)
– Chop carrot, onion and celery stick into small dices.
– Finely chop the chives.
– Chop the mushroom in medium size.
– Heat the wok and add the olive oil.
-Beat the eggs and add them into the wok, cook it while stirring as it is shown in the video.
– Add onion, carrot and celery; cook it for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
– Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes more.
– Add rice, broccoli, peas, chives, soy sauce, lemon juice and black pepper, mix them together. Cook for 2-3 minutes.