Pastel de Verduras is a very delicious tapas that you can find in local bars or Spanish families’ kitchens. (You can never see it in touristic bars/restaurants)
It contains very little amount of oil but loads of vegetables and protein. Not containing any gluten is another bonus of this pie. Besides, you can enjoy it during a Sunday brunch.
I strongly recommend to try it ASAP, I assure you that you will definitely be addictive to thistapas.
Ingredients (4-5 pax):
– 6 eggs
– 2 medium size potatoes
– 1 zucchini
– 1 red bell pepper
– 4-5 units shitake or portobello mushrooms
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
– 1 coffee spoon rosemary
– 1 coffee spoon red pepper flakes
– 1 coffee spoon grounf black pepper
– 1 coffee spoon grated nutmeg
– 1 coffee spoon salt
-Slice the vegetables finely as it is shown in the photos below.
– Place a baking paper on the tray; place the slices of vegetable on the baking paper. Spread olive oil on them with a brush. Sprinkle some rosemary on potato slices.
– Bake them in preheated oven (200 Celsius for the oven without fan, 180 Celsius for the oven with fan)
– Whisk the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Add cheese, salt and spices, mix them well.
– Place a baking paper inside the baking mold (Mine was a 21 cm. diameter, round shaped mold). Pour 1,5 ladles of egg-cheese mixture inside the mold, place the slices of potatoes, pour 1,5 ladles of eggs mix on the potatoes. Place the slices of zucchini. After pouring 1,5 ladles of egg mix on top of zucchini, place the mushrooms. Finally pour the rest of egg mix on mushrooms. Place the red bell pepper slices on the top.
– Bake it in preheated oven (170 Celsius for the oven without fan, 150 Celsius for the oven with fan) for 40 minutes.
– Let it chill outside of the oven for min. 10 minutes before taking the pie out of the mold.
– Slice and serve it.