Finally, the summer is here. As we could not enjoy the spring due to Covid-19, I hope we will be enjoying every moment of summer.
Today I will share the recipe of a delicious cake that will be a perfect companion for the tea time to be enjoyed during summer afternoons
I decorated my cake with frozen pineapple and blackberries; however fresh/frozen sour cherry and peach or apricot and black mulberry can also be perfect matches for this delicious cake.
– 200 grams white chocolate
– 250 grams mascarpone
– 4 eggs
– 5 table spoon (40 grams) all purpose wheat flour- Mine was gluten free cake flour
– 3 table spoon confectioners sugar
– 2 table spoon corn starch
– 1 table spoon vanillin
– 1/2 cup almond flakes
– 150 grams frozen pineapple
– 100 grams frozen blackberries
– Take the mascarpone out of the fridge half an hour before you start preparing the cake. Beat the mascarpone with a whisker.
– Melt the white chocolate on a Bain Marie or in microwave.
– Add the melted chocolate to the mascarpone and beat the mixture well. This step is important and you should be very careful about beating it well as it is shown in the video.
– Add the eggs one by one into the cheese-chocolate mix, stir each of eggs well.
– Add confectioners sugar and vanillin, stir them well.
– Add the flour and mix it.
– Place a baking sheet inside a springform mold. Pour the dough into the mold.
– Put the corn starch in a plate, place the fruits on the starch so that one side of the fruits would be covered with starch. (We do this to avoid that the fruits would sink to bottom of the cake dough)
– Place the fruits and almond flakes on the cake dough to decorate it.
– Bake it in preheated oven (170 Celsius for the oven with fan, 190 Celsius for the oven without fan) for 35-40 minutes. The crusts of the cake should be a bit crispy and the inner part should be soft.
-Make the cake chill for at least 10 minutes after taking it out from the oven. Then take the cake on the serving plate with the baking sheet.