I am inspired by Thai recipe of “Pla Neung See Ew” for this dish; however, steamed fish does not match with Turkish palate, thus I adapted the recipe for myself and baked the fish instead of steaming it.
I hope you will try and enjoy my recipe.
-2 sea breams (medium size)
-1/2 cup olive oil
– 200 gr Shitake mushroom
– 1 red bell pepper
– 1 green bell pepper
– 1 red or purple onion
– 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
– 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
– Zest of ½ lemon (finely grated)
– 3 cloves of garlic (finely grated)
– 1 coffee spoon finely grated fresh ginger
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce(glutenfree)
– 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
– Chives to garnish (finely chopped)
– Make 3 cuts at each side of sea breams as it is shown in the photo.
– Place the lemon slices, 1 sprig of rosemary and a bit of grated garlic into the abdominal cavity of the fishes.
– Sprinkle some olive oil on the surface of baking tray, spread some oil on the fish with a brush as well.
-Bake the fishes for 20 minutes in preheated oven (180 Celsius for the oven with fan, 200 Celsius for the oven without fan)
-Meanwhile, chop the peppers in the style of Julienne, chop the onion and mushrooms in fine slices. (see the photo)
-Add 2 tablespoons olive oil into the pan, when oil heats add mushrooms, cook them until their juice evaporates.
-Add onion and garlic. Then, after 2-3 minutes of cooking, add peppers.
-Finally add ginger, lemon zest, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Cook them together for only 1-2 minutes.
-Spread the vegetable mix around the fishes, bake them together for 2-3 minutes.
-Serve it by garnishing with finely chopped chives.